The Ultimate Guide
on How to Use Lube
- Stress and anxiety including relationship issues
- Hormonal changes arising from contraception, pregnancy, breastfeeding and periods
- Specific medical conditions, for example diabetes, chemotherapy side effects, full hysterectomy or immune disorders
- Irritations caused by chemical products such as washing powders, highly perfumed soaps, feminine sprays/washes and perfumed toilet roll
- Not enough or lack of foreplay – women require more stimulation than men
Types of Lube Explained
How Much Lube to Use?
How to Use Lube with a Sex Toy
What is the Best Lube for my Needs?
Women: While the vagina is a self lubricating mecca, a little lube can help move things along. It can also help those that experience vaginal dryness and for a solo play session, adding in lube will make things more comfortable a lot quicker. Any type of lube will do as long as a person doesn’t have a specific allergy of course.
Are All Types of Lube Safe?
So what does this mean? First and foremost, it highlights the absolute necessity and importance of wearing a condom with a partner if you don’t know their sexual history. It also means that you should always be aware of the ingredients of the lube you are using and also test that you aren’t allergic to it. Regular personal lubes are generally safe for use if you use as directed. As with anything you use on your body, take the necessary precautions and you’ll get the benefits the lube is meant to give!
How do I test if I am allergic to a lube? Dab a bit on the inside of your elbow and wait a day to make sure no redness/irritation occurs. If you have an unusual reaction to a new lubricant, stop using it; if the problem persists, visit your doctor.
Storing Your Lube: Best Practice
At Carvaka, we simply adore lube and because we like to promote a better sex experience for all, we think you need to add some into your play if you haven’t already. We stock lots of great lube including a fantastic selection from Playboy, Durex, ID, and more which would all look and feel amazing in your collection. Take a browse through our full sex gel and lube choices right now and get ready for some lubed-up action!